Black Bean Burger
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (15.5–oz.) ctn. Rojo’s Organic Traditional Salsa – Medium (or Mild)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (optional)*
In non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil, add beans and cumin. Cook 3 minutes until beans are sizzling then mash until chunky. Scoop beans into bowl and wipe out skillet to fry bean patties. Mix Rojo’s Organic Traditional Salsa – Medium (or Mild), corn, oats and egg with mashed beans; let sit 15 minutes. Form mixture into 8 patties. Heat REMAINING oil in skillet and fry patties until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Makes 8 patties.
*Egg may be omitted but mixture will be softer and less easy to turn in pan.